Regulatory & Legislative
Support California Community Choice Aggregation
CalCCA supports legislation and regulatory policies that protect and foster CCA within the state. We promote competitive neutrality and a level playing field and we will support legislation and regulatory policies that support CCA autonomy in policymaking and decision-making. We oppose legislation and regulatory policies that unfairly discriminate against CCAs or CCA customers, or reduce CCA policymaking or decision-making autonomy.
Advocate on Behalf of Community Choice Aggregation Customers
CalCCA supports legislation and regulatory policies that benefit CCA customers. We address legislation and regulatory policies that may have rate impacts on CCA customers. We address legislation and regulatory policies affecting legislative or regulatory processes that may impact CCA customers.
Current Platform Objectives for 2017
- Prevent new non-bypassable charges and phase out or eliminate existing non-bypassable charges
- Protect CCA procurement autonomy and local government oversight
- Protect CCA autonomy to administer energy efficiency and integrated distributed energy resources
- Increase transparency of inputs to PCIA and all non-bypassable charges, increase certainty of PCIA charges, and phase out unreasonable PCIA charges over a time period that reasonably addresses stranded costs.
- Reform IOU procurement practices to minimize stranded load and mitigate CCA charges.